Nikhil is currently a PhD Scholar at the Department of Civil Engineering, Monash University. He is currently working on the following Hub project sponsored by one of our industry partners, Pavement Management Services "Enhanced use of Ground Penetration Radar (GPR) for pavement interior layer thickness and condition evaluation through lab/field testing and coupled electromagnetic numerical modelling and pavement life estimation". This project focuses on developing automated, real-time pavement thickness estimation and condition evaluation algorithms using ground penetrating radar (GPR) data.
- Faculty of Engineering International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FEIPRS) (2019)
Awarded Pacific Scholarship for Research Excellence and Innovation (PSERI) 2017 by USP Research Office to undertake masters by research.
Vice Chancellor’s Prize and award for patent product ‘Braille Eye Slate’ (2017) (The University of the South Pacific).
Awarded Vice- Chancellor’s Prize for Innovation 2017 for the innovative design and implementation of the Braille –Eye Slate – Device to teach basic Braille script to Visually Impaired Children (The University of the South Pacific) .
Awarded ‘30 under 30 – Faces of Fiji’s Future’ by Fijian Government for being an outstanding youth and contributing towards inclusive education in Fiji.
- Student Member IEEE
- Student Member Engineers Australia
- Nikhil Singh, Kaushal Kishore, Ravin Deo, Ye Lu, and Jayantha Kodikara, "Pavement thickness estimation and condition evaluation using ground-penetrating radar (GPR)," presented at the 2021 Application of Proximal and Remote Sensing Technologies for soil investigation, 2021.
- Ravin Deo, Nikhil Singh, Kaushal Kishore, Ye Lu, and Jayantha Kodikara, "Numerical study on subsurface diagnosis in urban environments using electrical resistivity and ground penetrating radar techniques.," presented at the 2021 Application of Proximal and Remote Sensing Technologies for soil investigation, 2021.
- Kaushal Kishore, Nikhil Singh, Ravin Deo, Ye Lu, and Jayantha Kodikara, "Moisture content estimation in pavement layers using ground penetrating radar," presented at the 2021 Application of Proximal and Remote Sensing Technologies for soil investigation, 2021.
Singh, Nikhil and Prakash, Vinaal and Koroi, Monika and Mehta, Utkal V. Australian Patent # 2017,100,226 – Braille Slate to teach children with visual disabilities (2017). https://repository.usp.ac.fj/9976/4/2017100226-Innovation_Patent_Certificate.pdf
Sharma N. , Kumar P. , Singh N. Mehta U. (2017) Digital energy monitor: design, simulations and prototype. The South Pacific Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences 35, 45-52. doi.org/10.1071/SP17005.
N. Singh, U. Mehta, K. Kothari, and M. Cirrincione, ‘‘Optimized fractional low and highpass filters of (1 + α) order on FPAA,’’ Bull.Polish Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci., vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 635–644, 2020, doi:10.24425/bpasts.2020.133123.
K. Kothari, U. Mehta and N. Singh, "Practical Test for Closed-Loop Identification and Control on Magnetic Levitation System: A Fractional-Order Approach," 2018 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV), 2018, pp. 1805-1810, doi: 10.1109/ICARCV.2018.8581106.